Encourage interaction with the right CTA
Interactions on your site can take many forms, depending on what you ask people to do in your content. Website visitors who like what they read on your page click to learn more, subscribe, follow you on social media, take a quiz, or comment, to mention some options.
Interactions often result in user-generated content (UGC), which is the content created by your users. Think comments, uploaded videos, photos, social media content in which people tag your brand or use your official hashtags.
User-generated content has become very popular, mostly thanks to social media, and it has a high potential to increase your website’s popularity. When your site visitors take the time to write product reviews or ask questions about your products, search engines perceive these interactions as a sign that your platform is relevant and useful for people.
Interactions on your website don’t influence SEO directly, but they’re essential for showing both search engines and internet users that people like your brand. So, you want to leverage engagement to increase your reach and convince more people to join the conversation.
Let’s see what you can do right now to encourage visitor interactions:
- Use a clear call-to-action (CTA) to invite readers of your website or blog to comment on the posts.
- Use open questions in your content both on your website and social media to encourage conversation.
- Publish posts on controversial topics that can generate debates. Note that this strategy can hit you like a boomerang if you don’t find a balance. You want to inspire people to share ideas, not to use your platform for shouting at each other.
- Remind clients that they can rate or review your products on your website or social media pages. Make it easy for anyone who has used your product to share their opinions about it.
- Use your customers’ questions to create a dedicated FAQ page on your website.
Website visitors are 2.4 times more likely to see UGC as authentic compared to brand content. Don’t be afraid to let people talk on your website. Show your public that their opinions matter to you and help anyone have their voices heard. This approach consolidates your business relationships, and it also increases brand awareness and builds trust.
It's your turn now
We really hope you're enjoying our callenge.
And now we’d like to hear from you.
Which one of our advices are you going to try out today?
Or maybe you'd like to optimize our blogs?
Either way, let us know by leaving your comment below